Friday, May 1, 2009

First Full Day

Today was my first day working all day. I worked 9-5:30 with an hour lunch. It felt like two different days, since I'm used to working only half of the day. Thinking back to this morning feels like a long time ago. Today I got to work with Gaye for the first time. She taught me a few things like how to really green a vase and make it look nice. She is pretty picky with how my arrangements turn out but that's ok. I'm here to learn from different people and their different point of views. I got to deliver twice today and that is always fun and rewarding when you get to see their reactions...I didn't. I took four arrangements to the hospital and volunteers take them to the patients so I couldn't see their reaction. Then I took an arrangement to the Kimball administrative building on campus and the girl wasn't in for her shift yet. Then I took another one to a lady who just had a miscarriage and she was napping so I gave it to her kids.
We had a funeral today and a lot of different orders to do.

Marianne (Bruce's daughter) worked with me in the afternoon and she taught me a lot about how the shop should run. She is a great designer with great taste and she can work fast.

These are the two funeral sprays that I did today. I like the red and white one a lot!! :)


I really liked this arrangement but I made it a week early. It was supposed to be for Mother's Day. We sold it today anyway.




This was a cute one I did for a college student's birthday.

A Teleflora arrangement.

I want this duck arrangement when I have a kid! I just thought it was SUPER cute!! *hint hint*



Next week for Mother's Day I am working 9-5:30 Monday thru Saturday. It'll be a long week! But Todd starts his internship next week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment