Thursday, May 28, 2009

5/28/2009

While working at a floral shop you see really cute things like "Happy one month anniversary!" and people having babies! Those things just make you smile. Other times you see really sad things like people grieving over lost loved ones. Today we had a sad thing. This girl came in and said her parents were getting a divorce because her mom was having an affair with a guy in utah. Both her mom and the lover boy were leaving their spouses, kids and grandkids. They have only known each other for 3 weeks. The girl came in to get an arrangement for her dad to give to her mom as a "come back to me" bouquet. It was WAY sad!

I also saw a "Happy seven month anniversary" from a guy to his fiance. Cute.
We all worked on cleaning today at the shop. Bruce and Cathen worked in the garage/shed and cleaned it out and organized it. I started scrubbing the shelves and organizing vases. I really want to mop the floor sometime but I would have to do it way after closing time.
I worked alone and handled it pretty well, especially during our busy time from 4-5:30.
Jaime came in today and got hired so now I get to train her and have a buddy to work with. Not like I don't like my co-workers now, it will just be fun to have Jaime too!
Some of the things I did:
Tender Thoughts TeacupI got lilacs and peonies from the Kuhns and got to put them in a vase!! LOVE THEM!




No comments:

Post a Comment