Monday, June 29, 2009

Weddings!

Lately, I've been the one to do the wedding work, mostly because I take the orders and know what people want and I am at work all the time so I am available to do them!
Here are some of the things I've done recently:
For this wedding, we did the boutonnieres and single flowers for the bridesmaids to hold. It seems that bridesmaids bouquets are getting smaller and smaller to non-existant. Maybe people don't want to pay for them to have a lot of flowers. I don't know. I'm glad my bridesmaids had bouquets. The boutonnieres are a new style that I picked up and I love it! They are just 2 rose petals rolled up. They look like calla lilies and make the "rose" bout not look so huge. They definitely look more classy and elegant, especially for weddings. The next time we do dance flowers for the high schools, I want to suggest this type of boutonniere. The red one was for the groom and the white ones were for the father's and grandfather I believe.



This next wedding bouquet was for a girl that was getting her bridal portraits done and wanted some flowers. She didn't want to spend much so we did a little bouquet (about the size that I would do a throw away bouquet) for her. It was hand-tied with orange tulle ribbon. It seems like a lot of people nowadays like gerber daisies in their bouquets or bouquets full of them. One girl came in Saturday and wanted 13 gerbs in her wedding bouquet. I wish people would pick other flowers. I love gerbs and think they are cute and bright. I just think girls don't want their weddings to be as formal of an event and gerbs make it more cute, contempory and casual.


No comments:

Post a Comment