Saturday, April 25, 2009

Second Day at Rexburg Floral

Today was my second day of my internship and it went much smoother than the first. It can only get better, right? I went in when we opened which was at 9 (which was early for me...:)) and looked at the orders we had to do today. Angelica and I each picked one and we got to work. I made a little gerber daisy arrangement for someone. It was kind of hard to keep it within the price because the prices are different than I am used to at Flower Center, but its fun to be able to use whatever flowers I want to make it look nice. We aren't held back unless the flowers are reserved for a specific event like a wedding or funeral.

Then I chose another order to fill and it was a Teleflora arrangement. I had never copied an arrangement from a Teleflora book so it was kind of exciting. We didn't have all of the flowers and greens that it suggested but I did my best and I think it turned out great! Here is a picture of the Teleflora arrangement I went off of. It looked pretty similar.

I watered all the plants in the front of the shop, which took a lot time because the watering pitcher I used only held less than a gallon. I made a lot of trips back and forth from the sink. But it was fun to be able to use some of my interiorscaping skills on my internship as well. I cut some of the dead pieces off the leaves and only watered the plants that were dry to the touch. I cleaned out the dead leaves from the soil and cleaned the leaves and put leaf shine on them to make them look real nice. I enjoyed my time doing that.

Then I got to make deliveries. This was my very first time and it was fun. I love seeing the reaction people have when they receive flowers. I had three different deliveries, in three various spots around town. Two of those arrangements I delivered, I personally made. It was especially great since I had made them. I love selling things that I created. One lady came in and she was ordering for the last delivery I had and she looked in the cooler (it was the one with the cute pot) and she said "OH! This is perfect! This is exactly what I want!" That made me feel so good that someone appreciated my work and said that it was just what they wanted. This is the delivery van that I got to drive around town.

After delivering the flowers, I just cleaned up. I vacuumed the front of the store and dusted the merchandise and the tables and made it look real nice. I also cleaned their computers and other electronics. I swept and cleaned buckets. I felt really good about the way it all turned out when I was done cleaning. It was a great, productive, feel-good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment