Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rexburg Floral, First day!

I started my internship at Rexburg Floral on Thursday! I took out the trash and helped Angelica (my coworker, and trainer, and friend) finish an order of about 45 carnations, individually wrapped for a dance recital. It always makes it so much better and easier to design when you know what it is for. When she told me they were for the dancers, I had no problem making them up and I actually tried harder once I knew they were for little girls.


Then we "filled the cooler" which just means that we make whatever kind of arrangement we want for whatever price and put them in the cooler. People that just walk in to the shop and just want flowers without a preference can just grab one of the premade arrangements and walk out. Its a great system. This is the cute little spring arrangement I made. I just absolutely LOVED the pot.
We covered our plants in foil (?)-like stuff and tied them with bows to look really presentable and sellable. It took awhile but we got it done.
After that, we just cleaned up and she showed me how to work the computers, mostly. I'm still unsure of what to do, but its ok. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment