Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Catering

This lady has come in twice to use our floral services in her catering business. She is a really nice lady who always has good creative challenges. I have been able to do both of her designs and they were both so fun.
The first one I don't have a picture of. I forgot my camera that day. She brought in a three level tray that was made of rusty copper and other metals. It was really cute. She wanted to put a floral arrangement on one of the levels and food on the rest. She also wanted it to be removable so she could also set it on the table. I did it in a gathering basket with the ends draping over the sides. It was purple, yellow and green and very wildflower looking since her catering job was in a cabin.
This next one (below) was an interesting one. When she came in she said she wanted a table runner-like arrangement. It was for a man and in his home. His house was brown with red accents and very outdoorsy. I knew right when she came in that I wanted to use that brown and yellow sunflower. She also asked if we could use peacock feathers or some other kind of animal feathers. The only ones we had were fake and plastic but that made it fun to work with. I curled them to add dramatic lines. I also added the dark articoke and some wheat. On the opposite side, I put one of the funeral fish into the design because he was an avid fisherman. I loved the way it turned out and so did everyone else in the shop. No one else knew how it was going to turn out with her weird descriptions. I wish the camera captured it a little better.

2 comments: